Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Strike first. Strike hard. NO MERCY. (Cobra Kai)




To be honest with you all that I know about this band is that they are amazing.
This is what hardcore/"screamo" should sound like.

Great back and forth vocals, crazy melodies, and dice lyrics. These kids knew what they were doing. Everything comes together really well. Mainly hardcore, but they toss in a little electro, and a lot of chaotic sounds; every track has its own unique feel and sound, and a good majority of them are infectious. I can’t tell you how many times I caught my self singing, “You’ll never see me pull another stunt like this again. This is not me. This box of rocks settles to the bottom of the sea,” or “How hard can it be to host a rivalry? And how hard can it be to remain stationary?” This stuff gets stuck in your head and will not get out.(Not that you would want it to.)


10/10
Cobra Kai - Complete Recordings


I was recently checking out damn those bloodsuckers and found that the guy running that "show" had upped this. He also has some more info, a pic of the band, and the real album cover. (I like this cover more though ;) That sutff can be found near the end of the page.)

No comments: