Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm a liar that hates itunes. (Nation of Ulysses)




In a previous post for The Nation Of Ulysses I said that Plays Pretty For Baby was their final release. I lied. I checked iTunes and found The Embassy tapes. (BTW I hate iTunes because I no longer have an iPod to listen to my iTunes music on. I cant change the format of the songs to put on my Zune, Rep’in Microsoft, and I’m really pissed about it…) Recorded before the split up, put out on Discord Records, and it may just be their best album ever. They had one guitarist as opposed to the two they usually had, and the quality is pretty crappy. Even though that’s enough to kill most albums NOU has put out a punk masterpiece. A couple of reworks of old songs, and some new songs, all with that jazzy, rebellious, angry, energetic feel of The Nation Of Ulysses. Great stuff that as before mentioned is a must is you like Swing Kids, Dead Kennedys, and oh-so many punk rock bands.


9/10 (I just got this recently but its growing on me fast.)
The Nation Of Ulysses - The Embassy Tapes Apparently this is not Dl able, so I'll figure out how to make it so it is in the near future.

Support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, you bought this on itunes which means none of us can listen to it without having your password to "authorize" all the files for our computers....
: (